Sometimes you need a sweet treat along side a hot cup of tea… This bread is perfect for just that! It’s also vegan and gluten-free. If you can’t find rolled buckwheat, no worries, used gluten-free oats. Enjoy!
Yield: 1 loaf
Time: 20 minutes prep time, 50 minutes baking time.
1.5 flax eggs (1.5 Tbsp ground flax mixed with 4 Tbsp of water)
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup olive oil
3/4 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 banana mashed
3/4 cup coconut sugar (or substitute with unrefined brown sugar)
1/2 cup unsweetened apple cider (or substitute with dairy-free milk)
1/2 tsp sea salt
1.5 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp ginger
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup rolled buckwheat (or substitute with rolled oats)
1/2 cup almond flour
1 cup gluten free flour mix (Bob’s Red Mill is what I use)
3/4 cup sourgum flour
a few pepitas (pumpkin seeds) and a few whole pecans for topping
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a small bowl, mix together flax egg (water and ground flax seed) and set aside to thicken.
- Prepare a loaf pan by either greasing with coconut oil or lining with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl mix together flax egg, maple syrup, olive oil, pumpkin puree, banana, coconut sugar and cider, mixing thoroughly.
- Mix in salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger.
- In a separate bowl whisk together baking powder, baking soda, rolled buckwheat, almond flour, gluten free flour and sourhgam flour.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, folding with a rubber spatula to combine all ingredients but not over-mix.
- Fold batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool and rest in the pan for 20mins. Remove from pan and enjoy! Best cut with a serrated knife gently to keep loaf from crumbling 😉
ADD A COMMENT