This cashew sour cream is easy and is a great addition to chili, tacos or whatever you desire. Substitute the vinegar for maple syrup and omit the sea salt and you have a more sweet version to add on top of your favourite dessert! Yum!
Yield: Approx. 3 cups of vegan sour cream
Prep time: 5 minutes (+ 8 hours soaking time for cashews)
2 cups raw cashew (soaked in water for minimum 8 hours or overnight)
1/2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 cup water (more or less depending on how thick you want your sour cream)
2 Tbsp of lemon juice (approx. juice of half a lemon)
- Take cashews that have soaked overnight or minimum of 8 hours and rinse thoroughly.
- Add cashews, vinegar, sea salt and water into a high powered blender.
- Juice 1/2 a lemon and add lemon juice to the other ingredients in the blender and blend on high for 1-2 minutes until cream is light and smooth in texture.
- You can serve immediately or this cream can be made ahead and served chilled with your favourite recipe. I love this sour cream served with Vegan White Bean Chili.
- Store in an air tight container for up to 4 days in the refrigerator.
ADD A COMMENT