What?! A muffin that tastes divine that’s also vegan, gluten free AND full of antioxidants?! Yes, it’s true – I kid you not! Bursting with flavour and superfood goodness, this tasty recipe will soon be a favourite of yours – I know it’s one of mine!
Yield: 12 muffins
Time: 15 minutes prep + 20-25 minutes baking time
1 1/2 cups brown rice flour
3/4 cup garbanzo bean flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt
2 tsp matcha powder
1/2 cup coconut oil (melted)
1 cup water
1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
2 tsp vanilla extract or paste
1 cup maple syrup
1 cup frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375ºF and prepare a muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a medium size bowl mix together flours, baking soda, salt and match powder. Whisk or sift to make sure there are no lumps or clumps. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine coconut oil, water, apple cider vinegar, vanilla past and maple syrup. Whisk to combine.
- Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients whisking as you go. Combine until smooth. With a rubber spatula, fold in frozen blueberries and be careful not to over mix, otherwise your muffins will be purple! 😉
- Divide batter evenly among the 12 muffin tin cups already lined with papers – roughly 1/4 cup of batter per muffin. (Tip: I reserve a few frozen blueberries to put on top of each muffin before putting them in the oven to get the look in the picture above. )
- Bake until muffins are firm and spring back a little when touched, roughly 20-25 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes in the muffin tin, then remove and cool on a cooling rack. Enjoy!
ADD A COMMENT