The title might seem a little weird, but trust me this ‘pizza’ is unlike any you’ve ever had! A light dessert or summer treat, it’s bursting with plant-based goodness like fiber, antioxidants, protein and healthy fat. This recipe has quickly become a family favourite as my little guy loves to help me decorate with his favourite fruit toppings. Enjoy!
1 cup raw cashews (soaked in boiling water for 20-30 minutes)
1 can organic coconut milk
1 tsp vanilla bean paste (or extract if you can’t find paste)
1 Medium sized watermelon
Assorted fruit – I used strawberries, blueberries, peaches, kiwi, blackberries, raspberries and dragon fruit
- Drain the soaked cashews and put in a high powered blender with coconut milk and vanilla bean paste. Blend on high for 1-2 minutes until smooth and fluffy.
- Cut your watermelon in half and then cut 4 rounds about 1″-1.5″ thick. Reserve the rest of the watermelon to enjoy later. Arrange your 4 watermelon ‘pizza crusts’ on a serving platter.
- Spoon cashew mixture onto each of the 4 ‘crusts’ like you would a pizza crust.
- Arrange fruit toppings as you like on top of each crust. Dust each pizza with 1 Tbsp of unsweetened shredded coconut.
- Enjoy immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 4 hours. If you are making this as a dessert for an event and prefer for it to be fresh, you can prepare the cashew cream sauce ahead of time (it can store in the refrigerator for 2-3 days) and assemble the ‘pizzas’ last minute before serving.