This Fennel, Apple and Walnut Salad is perfect for those hot summer evenings when you don’t feel like turning on your stove and want something refreshing and light. Served as a side dish or eaten on it’s own, it’s the perfect summer salad especially when you can source fresh local ingredients. Enjoy!
Yield: 4 servings
Time: 10 minutes
2 cups baby arugula
1 fennel bulb + greens
1 tart green apple
1/2 cup walnuts
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
1.5 Tbsp honey (or maple syrup if you are vegan)
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/4 tsp sea salt
- Put arugula in a medium size salad bowl.
- Using a mandolin, thinly slice fennel bulb. Add to salad bowl. Reserve some of the greens from the end of the fennel, chop and add to the salad.
- Core green apple and then thinly slice with mandolin. Add to salad bowl.
- Add walnuts to salad bowl.
- Whisk dressing ingredients and pour over salad ingredients, tossing to cover. Serve and enjoy!