This recipe is a staple weekday dinner in our house. It’s not only quick and easy when you’re short on time, but it satisfies those cravings for something cozy and filling. It’s also Paleo and Anti-Inflammatory friendly. If you don’t eat meat, no worries, simply replace the chicken with tofu. I also love this recipe garnished with Pickled Red Onions – grab the recipe here.
Yield: 6 servings
Time: 10 minutes prep + 30 minutes baking time
5 garlic cloves minced
1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
1 Tbsp curry powder
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp tumeric
1 tsp sea salt
5 Tbsp coconut oil
1lb boneless chicken thighs (substitute with extra firm tofu)
1 head cauliflower
1 cup frozen peas
1 cup sugar snow peas
Pickled Red Onions (get recipe here)
Fresh cilantro leaves to garnish
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside,
2. In a large bowl combine garlic, ginger, curry powder, garam masala, tumeric, sea salt and coconut oil. Mix together to make a paste.
3. Cut chicken thighs into 2″ pieces and add them to the bowl, toss to cover with curry paste.
4. Cut cauliflower into florets and add to the bowl, toss to cover with curry paste.
5. Spread the chicken and cauliflower evenly onto the prepared baking sheet. Roast in the oven for 20 – 25 minutes until golden brown.
6. While the cauliflower and chicken bake, prepare pickled onions (if needed).
7. Remove the chicken and cauliflower from the oven and set aside to cool slightly. Then in a small pot add 2 cups of water and bring to a boil. Add frozen peas and snow peas. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until bright green and tender. Remove and strain.
8. Sprinkle the peas and snow peas over the chicken and cauliflower on the sheet pan. Then garnish with pickled onions and fresh cilantro and serve. Enjoy!