If you’re feeling chilled and craving a warming and satisfying soup then make up a batch of this delicious Thai Chicken Zoodle Soup. It’s quick and easy and totally customizable. Vegan? No problem, see suggested substitutions below. I love this recipe because it’s a perfect weekday meal made in 20 minutes that the whole family will love. Enjoy!
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings
2 tablespoons coconut oil
2-3 tablespoons red curry paste (depending on how spicy you like it add more)
1 teaspoon tumeric powder
1 teaspoon ground coriander
3 chicken breasts, cut into 1″ cubes (sub firm tofu if vegan or vegetarian)
1/2 red onion sliced
3 cups chicken stock (sub vegetable stock if vegan or vegetarian)
3 tablespoons fish sauce (sub soy sauce if vegan or vegetarian)
1 tablespoon coconut sugar (optional)
2 cans coconut milk (full fat, unsweetened)
2 large zucchini spiralized or cut into very thin zoodles with a mandolin or sharp knife
1/2 red pepper sliced thinly
1 cup snow peas
1 green onion diced
Cilantro for garnish
1. Add coconut milk to a large pot on medium high heat and then add red Thai curry paste and saute for 1-2 mins until fragrant. Add tumeric and coriander, stir and cook for another minute.
2. Add chicken and red onions to the pot and stir coating with the curry spices. Cook for 2-3 minutes then add chicken stock, fish sauce, coconut sugar and coconut milk. Cover and let simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile spiralize zucchini and set zoodles aside.
4. Add red pepper and snow peas to the pot and cook for 3 minutes until just tender. Remove pot from heat.
5. Portion zoodles into bowls and then ladle soup over top. Garnish with green onion and cilantro. Enjoy!